West Highlands and Jacobite Experience Tour
Small Group Sightseeing Tours (Multi-days)
This tour starts from:
2 Days / 1 Night
Operated by: Highland Experience
Loch Ness, the Highlands and all aboard the Jacobite Steam Train
The Jacobite Tour will take you through a landscape rich in history, myth and legend - among the sites you'll see will be Culloden, last stand of the Jacobites against the British government forces. You'll be travelling through some of the best scenery in Scotland - from the dizzying heights of the Drumochter Pass to the stunning peaks of the Cairngorms national park. The first days ends at Drumnadrochit, a beautiful and welcoming village on the shores of Loch Ness.
Wilderness and Warriors...
Snap a photo of the Forth Railway Bridge, then take a woodland walk in the Highlands at Dunkeld. The tour continues throught the breathtaking Drumochter Pass, skirts the stunning peaks of the Cairngorm National Park and visits Culloden*, last stand of the Jacobites against the government forces. The first day ends in Fort William, Gateway to the Highlands: so you'll sleep in the shadow of Ben Nevis and close to Loch Linnhe.
Take a Steam Train back in time...
A quick journey to board the Jacobite Steam Train, and then you're off. This is one of the world's great train journeys and will take you past Britain's highest mountain, deepest loch, shortest river and most westerly station. You'll cross the viaduct featured in the Harry Potter films and pass the Glenfinnan Monument where Bonnie Prince Charlie raised his standard at the beginning of the 1745 Jacobite rising.
Have Seafood for Lunch at Mallaig...
Lunch is at the west coast town of Mallaig, where you can taste the best of Scottish seafood.
Home via Glen Coe...
Turning south, you'll visit Glen Coe, where the MacDonalds were betrayed, then experience the beauty of Rannoch Moor and Stirlingshire as you head for home.
The West Scotland Experience Tour!!!
Day by Day Itinerary:
Dunkeld, Culloden, Loch Ness, Fort William
Overnight at Fort William
Jacobite Steam Train, Glenfinnan, Mallaig, Glencoe, Rannoch Moor
Drop off in Edinburgh
End of tour
Prices, Dates & What's Included:
Departs: 09:00 | Returns: 19:00 approx
Departure Point: Caffe Nero, 1 Parliament Square, High Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1RE
Monday & Wednesday 6 May to 9 October
Saturday 29 June to 24 August
Prices Per Person (including accommodation)
B&B Double/Twin Room Price £210 (GBP)
B&B Single Room Price £230 (GBP)
Superior B&B Double/Twin Room Price £230 (GBP)
Superior B&B Single Room Price £250 (GBP)
Hotel Double/Twin Room Price From £255 (GBP)
Hotel Single Room Price £275 (GBP)
Click Book This Tour to find pricing on specific dates
**children under 3 years of age are not accepted. See below for more price notes
Sorry this tour does not accept children age 3 and under
The tour price includes...
- the services of a highly qualified driver guide that are passionate about Scotland eager to show off this beautiful country
- 2nd class ticket on Jacobite Steam Train
- 3 Star Accommodation based on the type that you select
- Breakfast is only included with B&B and Hotel (Hostel does not include breakfast)
- Lunch, Dinner, snacks, coffee or tea during duration of tour (there will be plenty of stops along the way, the guide will reccomend restaurants, cafe, shops, etc...)
- Admission to the monuments
- Transfer to the departure point from place of accommodation or airport in Edinburgh
The type of vehicle employed on our tours varies depending on the number of passengers travelling on a particular departure. Generally tours are operated by 16 or 19 seat minibuses and 29 & 33 seat luxury mini-coaches. All vehicles are modern and specially built for comfortable touring. All vehicles have either forced-air ventilation or air-conditioning plus large panoramic windows to ensure the very best views. ABS, secondary breaking systems and a host of other safety features will ensure a safe trip.
Luggage Limit is Size: 55x40x20cm, Weight: 12kg
Whilst we are fully aware that guests may have larger items we will only be able to accept larger items subject to space available. Guests should check with their overnight accommodation provider who may be able to store luggage till their return. Alternatively there are left luggage facilities at Waverley Train Station and Edinburgh Bus Station. In Glasgow there are facilities at Queen Street Train Station and Buchanan Street Bus Station. In Inverness there are facilities at Inverness Train Station and also at Farraline Park Bus Station.
- pick up from Edinburgh, drop off in Glasgow, or vise versa is possible. Just let us know at the time of booking in the comments section.
- there is not discount for child staying in room with adult
- it is advised to bring a comfortable pair of walking shoes, a jumper in case of chilly weather, and rain jacket/umbrella in case it rains. Weather in Scotland can be unpredictable, especially in the highlands, so it is wise to come prepared
- don't forget your camera and a smile!!
CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS FOR SCHEDULED TOURS
When a passenger wishes to make a cancellation of a multi day tour the following charges apply:
- Within 7 days of the tour departure, no refund will be given.
- 7-14 days before the tour departure, a 50% refund of the tour price will be given.
- 14 days or more before the tour departure, a 90% refund of the tour price will be given.
Email this Page to a Friend