York and The Lake District Experience Tour
Small Group Sightseeing Tours (Multi-days)
This tour starts from:
5 Days / 4 Nights
Operated by: Highland Experience
Enjoy a 5 day tour from Edinburgh to Northern England. As we drive through the Scottish Borders to get to Hadrian's Wall. Then 2 nights in the Lake District town of Keswick. We will visit the Wensleydale Cheese Creamery. Then 2 nights in York and visit Alnwick Castle.
We'll depart Scotland's capital city Edinburgh and journey south to visit Melrose and Melrose Abbey. We'll then cross the border into England and visit the ancient site of Hadrian's Wall. This is an incredible artefact set amongst wild landscape. With many extraordinary stopping points your guide will be able to advise the best places to visit. Our overnight stop will be in Keswick, nestled between the Skiddaw Mountains and Derwentwater Lake in the Lake District National Park.
Day 2. We'll begin our day with an Ullswater "Steamers” boat trip which will take in the length of Ullswater, the most beautiful of the English lakes to enjoy some spectacular views. We'll drive the Lake District'shighest pass as we make our way to Bowness-on-Windermere, a delightful setting for lunch. Our route continues to the village of Hawkshead, home to Beatrix Potter's cottage. Our final stop of the day will be at the dramatically sited Neolithic Castlerigg Standing Stones. With Helvellyn and High Seat as a backdrop, you can't help but be blown away by this amazing place.
Day 3. Today, we'll say goodbye to Keswick and make our way to Hawes in theYorkshire Dales National Park. England's highest market town is home to the Wensleydale Cheese Factory, a cheese made popular again by the animated characters Wallace and Gromit. It's the perfect place for a fun-filled morning snack. From here, we make our way to Aysgarth, where you can take in the stunning Aysgarth Waterfalls. These three impressive waterfalls are surrounded by peaceful woodland. We'll also stop in Skipton, a picturesque market town for a short comfort break, before reaching York in the early evening to check-in to our accommodation and get settled.
Day 4. On day four, you'll have a full day to explore York by yourself. Enjoy the sites such as York Minster, York Castle Museum and the Shambles. We invite you to join us on an included short walking tour, but this is completely up to you how you spend your day in York!
Day 5. On our final day, we'll stop at the pretty market town of Richmond, it's a short walk to the Castle from the centre of town, or you can enjoy afternoon tea and a wander. We then head to Alnwick, where you can opt to visit the beautiful Alnwick Castle (you may recognise it from the Harry Potter flying scenes!) or explore the town of Alnwick itself. It's home to the incredible Barter Books, a magical second-hand book shop in a converted Victorian railway station. Our next stop is Dunbarwhere you can enjoy stunning coastal views before we return to our departure city of Edinburgh.
The Northern England Experience!!!
Day by Day Itinerary:
Incredible Roman artefact set amongst wild landscape.
Ullswater Cruise and Beatrix Potter country.
Wensleydale Cheese Creamery
Taste Wallace and Gromit's favourite cheese!
A full day to explore this incredible city.
Harry Potter castle.
Prices, Dates & What's Included:
Departure Days: Mondays only 3rd April to 9th October
Departure Details: Place: Edinburgh / Time: 8.30am
Edinburgh: Caffe Nero, 1 Parliament Square, High Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1RE
Superior B&B Double/Twin Room Price £525 to 540 (GBP)
Superior B&B Single Room Price £ 625 to 640 (GBP)
Hotel Double/Twin Room Price £ 680 to 695 (GBP)
Hotel Single Room Price £ 725 to 740 (GBP)
The tour price includes...
- the services of a highly qualified driver guide that are passionate about Scotland eager to show off this beautiful country
- 3 Star Accommodation based on the type that you select
- Breakfast is only included with B&B and Hotel (Hostel does not include breakfast)
- Lunch, Dinner, snacks, coffee or tea during duration of tour (there will be plenty of stops along the way, the guide will reccomend restaurants, cafe, shops, etc...)
- Admission to the monuments
- Transfer to the departure point from place of accommodation or airport in Edinburgh
The type of vehicle employed on our tours varies depending on the number of passengers travelling on a particular departure. Generally tours are operated by 16 or 19 seat minibuses and 29 & 33 seat luxury mini-coaches. All vehicles are modern and specially built for comfortable touring. All vehicles have either forced-air ventilation or air-conditioning plus large panoramic windows to ensure the very best views. ABS, secondary breaking systems and a host of other safety features will ensure a safe trip.
Luggage Limit is Size: 55x40x20cm, Weight: 15kg
Whilst we are fully aware that guests may have larger items we will only be able to accept larger items subject to space available. Guests should check with their overnight accommodation provider who may be able to store luggage till their return. Alternatively there are left luggage facilities at Waverley Train Station and Edinburgh Bus Station. In Glasgow there are facilities at Queen Street Train Station and Buchanan Street Bus Station. In Inverness there are facilities at Inverness Train Station and also at Farraline Park Bus Station.
- pick up from Edinburgh, drop off in Glasgow, or vise versa is possible. Just let us know at the time of booking in the comments section.
- there is not discount for child staying in room with adult
- it is advised to bring a comfortable pair of walking shoes, a jumper in case of chilly weather, and rain jacket/umbrella in case it rains. Weather in Scotland can be unpredictable, especially in the highlands, so it is wise to come prepared
- don't forget your camera and a smile!!
CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS FOR SCHEDULED TOURS
When a passenger wishes to make a cancellation of a multi day tour the following charges apply:
- Within 7 days of the tour departure, no refund will be given.
- 7-14 days before the tour departure, a 50% refund of the tour price will be given.
- 14 days or more before the tour departure, a 90% refund of the tour price will be given.
Email this Page to a Friend